The above is a cosmetic look and should always look neat and tidy. When the above starts to leak, we apply waterproofing under the tiles which is a white 250-micron plastic lifelong product.
When a roof with tiles starts to show signs of leaking or discolour on the ceilings it is probably due to there being no plastic under the tiles, plastic fitted incorrectly, plastic damaged by a third party i.e. plumber, electrician, dstv cables.
To repair the above, tiles and the wood must be removed, where a 250 Micron Plastic will be installed and fitted. This is the only way to successfully repair a tiled roof and there is no maintenance needed as it is covered by the tiles and additionally there is no UV sun rays effecting the product.
Homes built over the past 50 years, 50% were supplied with the correct plastic (250 Micron lifelong products SABS) and the other was not fitted with correct plastic or no plastic at all.
HOW TO IDENTIFY THE LEAK:
- Water damaged ceilings – yellow marks or brown marks.
- Water dripping from lights or areas in the ceiling.
- Leaking roof.
- You won’t be able to see the issue from the tile or plastic.
- Usually if it is an isolated incident (example if leaking in a specific area in a room, a third party like DSTV has been involved, they damaged the plastic. Whilst working in the roof.
- If roof is leaking in random areas – generally wont be plastic applied or non-SABS therefore disintegrated.